The Vancouver Police Department (VPD) noted a dramatically declining rate of crime back in 2005 which motivated them to act smartly and stay a step ahead. As part of the same mindset, the VPD mentioned how a technology recently coming in use could be used by them too, for predicting and fighting crime. The technology in talk is, crime analytics, which is provided by many security solution providing giants like, Wynyard Group ACA (Advanced Crime Analytics). It is observed that when Vancouver police was able to achieve a rapid decline in crime rate with only manpower how much difference could a technology bring?
Property crime is the damage of a property belonging to someone else or even to yourself (to claim insurance compensation). Property crime is a category in which a property of any kind (belongings or house) is harmed or stolen in any of the following forms, theft, burglary, motor vehicle theft, larceny, vandalism, arson, and shoplifting.
Vancouver Police and Predictive Technology
Vancouver police department found out that ‘predictive’ technology uses past trends and records of criminals to determine when and where a possible break-in is likely to occur. This was a first of its kind step to be taken in Canada. Experiencing a dramatic decline in crime rate ratio motivated the Vancouver police. The motivation further intrigued VPD stay a step ahead of the criminals by implementing the use of a smart technology – crime prediction. According to the police chief of Vancouver department, Adam Palmer, using the crime fighting technology will help avoid a catastrophic event in time and prevent the loss of property and life too.
Wynyard Group, a renowned security solution provider in the US developed a successful proprietary solution namely, Advanced Crime Analytics. The software solution is built to render similar benefits and is designed to facilitate law enforcements, police departments, and investigation departments. The only difference is that crime detection and prevention based on geographical location is a single aspect of the solution and not the only dedicated functionality it offers. This makes the software extremely suitable for Vancouver police department keeping in mind all around aspects and future requirements.
The 80 Per Cent Accuracy Quotient
Vancouver police didn’t just choose to implement a technology as a resourceful helping hand to fight crime. Reportedly, the department conducted thorough tests for examining the authenticity and success quotient of the technology. It was found that the technology determines 80 per cent of accuracy in fighting crime, most specifically, property crime. Property crime is relatively higher in Vancouver which called for the need of a technology that could come handy in fighting the same.
Chief of police, Palmer stated that during the testing of the system for crime detection the ratio of property crime spiked in south of Broadway which is typically known for experiencing it relatively higher than other regions during summer.
Location-based crime analytics is generally helpful in fighting a variety of crimes besides just property crime. Thus, the use of advanced crime analytics technology like the one offered by Wynyard Group can advantage Vancouver police on a larger scale if seen from an all round perspective.
Every piece of information plays a vital role in determining the verdict of a case. Keeping track of a criminal activity and its pattern of occurrence, not only facilitates the procedure of getting hold of the culprit but also ascertains that similar events are avoidable in future. The growing recognition of crime prevention among law enforcement makes Wynyard Group a pioneer of the industry with years of expertise in hand.
With Advanced Crime Analytics solution Wynyard has become an indispensable unit of the law enforcement across globe. Let us find out, what does Wynyard Group own that not many other renowned names in the industry of crime analytics and prevention don’t.
Crime-Analytics Essentials Put Together
There are certain parameters of being defined as the expert in a specified industry. To have experience and expertise are two entirely different things. You can have years of experience and not the expertise or vice versa. Following are some qualities that fully qualifies a product’s eligibility for advanced crime analytics.
- Accumulated Data Processing: When crime analytics is concerned, the data involved is generally available in massive volumes, processing which is incapable for generic applications. Specialized applications meant for crime analytics purposes like Wynyard Group ACA effortlessly justifies the requirements adequately. The solution meets accepted standards of fusing large masses of contrasting data in high volumes, varying in forms, structures, unstructured or semi structured – as one whole database.
- Automated Data Analytics: Software solutions are meant to simplify procedures in comparison to the amount of work required to do the same thing manually. Technical intelligence is what makes a solution suitable for replacing manpower. In comparison to others of the its kind, Advanced Crime Analytics offers additional value to the procedure by automating it on an upgraded level. Besides physical labor, the solution also saves a large amount of time required for intelligence and investigation departments to conduct exposure of evidential information in a case saving their intellect for other tasks like making sense of the data.
- User Friendly Operations: The more user friendly a solution is, the more time an investigator saves. By automating a certain portion of the procedure and easing the entire operations of ACA, Wynyard secures its victory in the field of crime analytics. One of the biggest selling point here is how structured and unstructured data is automatically segregated making the operations user friendly for intelligence teams as a result accelerating the procedures and advancing it up a notch higher.
- Technically Equipped / Compliant: According to detailed comparative analysis Wynyard Group emerged as a winner in rendering a technically compliant solution. Not only does the solution offer the usual but also delivers the unusual and unexpected by meeting compliance requirements. Advanced Crime Analytics:
- Is feature rich with automated segregation of data
- Offers accessibility security
- Automation rules/alerts
- Guarantees speed yet accuracy in results
- Features strong and interactive link analysis
- categorizes relevant information from analyzed data
- Is scalable and examines all sizes and forms of data storage
- Built in a customizable form for added user-friendliness and flexibility in use
- Enables automated entity extraction as a built-in feature
- Built with public safety enabled to render fraud analytics
- Accepts user-customized query to data being examined
- Features geospatial information for advanced analytics
- Carves actionable intelligence from data masses instantly
The crime analytics industry is growing by each day and a lot of brands have emerged in the past supporting the initiative by rendering self-proclaimed expert solutions. A comparative analysis between analytics solutions of those brands and that of Wynyard Group ACA reveals expertise of the latter over others in terms of being comprehensively programmed and meeting compliance requirements successfully.
Wynyard Group – Watch a demonstration of Wynyard Group’s Advanced Crime Analytics platform being applied to Gun Crime data.